50 PLUS JOB SEEKERS REGIONAL NETWORKING GROUPS
Join Us! 50+ Job Seekers Regional Networking Group!
We all know that NETWORKING WORKS!! And AGE really is an ADVANTAGE!!
Funded and supported by the Massachusetts Association of Councils on Aging (MCOA), we offer a Job Seekers Networking Group program to support and assist people in the 50+ demographic who are looking for a new job, new career direction or an encore career.
Can you check off one or more of these boxes? We Want to Help YOU!:
Stuck in your Job Search?
Not Sure What to Do Next?
Feeling Challenged by Ageism?
Need Help with your Resume?
Don’t Know How to Use LinkedIn?
Uncomfortable with Networking?
We currently offer a program biweekly at 6 different host sites . The Schedule of Networking Meetings for each location is as follows:
- Barnstable: 1st and 3rd Thursday: 9am – 11am: NEXT MEETING on April 20th
- Location: Council on Aging: 825 Falmouth Rd (Hyannis): Phone: 508-862-4750
- Session Topic: “Keep the Conversation Going” – Next Steps after Attending a Career Fair
- Halifax (Co-Host): 1st Thursday: 9am – 11am: NEXT MEETING on May 4th
- Location: Halifax Town Hall: 499 Plymouth St: Phone: 781-293-7313
- Session Topic: Job Search/Networking Tool Box: “Is Your Tool Box Filled”?!
- Hopkinton: 2nd and 4th Thursday: 9am – 11am: NEXT MEETING on Apr 27th
- Location: Council on Aging: 28 Mayhew St: 508-497-9730
- Guest Speaker: Josh Chernin (member of 50+ program who recently landed a job)
- Session Topic: To Be Hired, You MUST Be Found
- Marshfield (Co-Host): 3rd Thursday: 9am – 11am: NEXT MEETING on April 20th
- Location: Council on Aging: 230 Webster St: Phone: 781-834-5581
- Guest Speaker: Katy Mayo, South Shore Software Technology
- Session Topic: “LinkedIn Computer Lab”; hands-on session on your LI Profile
- Mashpee: 1st and 3rd Thursday: 2pm – 4pm:NEXT MEETING on April 20th
- Location: Council on Aging, 26 Frank E. Hicks Drive: Phone: 508-539-1440
- Session Topic: Interview Perfection: Common Questions & Answers
- Palmer: 2nd and 4th Friday: 10am – 12N: NEXT MEETING on Apr 28th
- Location: Council on Aging: 1029 Central St: Phone: 413-283-2670
- Session Topic: Resumes
If you are unemployed and actively looking, underemployed, seeking for a new career direction, recently retired and looking for your "Encore Career", this networking program is PERFECT for YOU!!!
All Meetings in All Locations are OPEN to Anyone Residing in MA and 50+ years old! Join us in a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition.
Each biweekly meeting is facilitated by an Experienced Career Coach and features a new topic! Meetings include a presentation and hands-on workshop on topics relevant to career transition /job search, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, ample opportunity to network, and 1-1 coaching guidance. Participating on a regular basis will give job seekers the many tools and strategies needed for a successful job search. And we have many success stories!
For Program Information and Pre-Registration, please feel free to contact:
Susan Drevitch Kelly, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-378-0520.
Check back often at www.mcoaonline/50plus for information on upcoming guest speakers, career fairs and meeting schedules.
Become a member of our LinkedIn Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8467280.
- MA Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation
- 50 PLUS JOB SEEKERS REGIONAL NETWORKING GROUPS
- Economic Security
- FY15 SIG Reports
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Groups
- Grant Opportunities
- Honoring Choices
- Housing Conference Videos
- Memory Cafes
- Motion Picture Licensing
- Property Tax Relief
- Tips and Techniques for Supporting Resident with Mental Illness