Presented by Mass Law Reform Institute Staff
Beverly Senior Center
April 11, 2017 from 9 to 11am
Westfield Senior Center
May 3, 2017 from 1:30 to 3:30
$20 per MCOA member
$30 per non-MCOA member
Make sure you and your staff are up-to-date on how to expedite enrollment into SNAP. Learn what the latest news is on the SNAP advocacy front in Massachusetts.
- SNAP/Food Stamps is the first line of defense against hunger.
- Benefits are provided to needy households through Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards for purchase of food at grocery retailers.
- Each SNAP/Food Stamps benefit dollar is 100% federally-funded.
- According to USDA economists, its use generates approximately $1.84 in economic activity.
- The monthly benefit for the average household in 2015 (For all ages) was $122, (according to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program SNAP): Average Monthly Benefit per Person, as of September 4, 2015).
Cancellation Dates: April 4 for April 11 training and April 26 for May 3 training.