Do you need help with Medicaid/ Medicare? There are several resources that are available to assist:
- Your Local Council on Aging which is listed in the white pages under your town's services (I.e. Police, Fire, Schools, Councils on Aging...) or on this website through the Find Your Local COA page
- The SHINE Program which has trained volunteers to assist a consumer in navigating the health care maze. They too can be found through your local Council on Aging.
- 1-800-AGE-INFO a hotline that connects older adults and their caregivers with a broad range of services and programs.
- "My Medicare Matters" a website sponsored by the National Council on Aging that states "Finding the right Medicare plan matters. Evaluating Medciare options can be complicated. MyMedicareMatters.org is here to helpwith trusted information and expert support so you can get the coverage you need... and enjoy all of the things that matter to you." https://www.mymedicarematters.org
It's that time of year again!
It’s that time of year again! If you have a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan or a Medicare Advantage Plan (HMO or PPO), you should receive a notice from your plan by the end of September. That notice outlines changes to be made to your plan for 2016: it is important to review, understand and save this information!
During Medicare Open Enrollment, from October 15th to December 7th, you will be able to change your plan for next year. If you would like help understanding your upcoming changes and options, a trained SHINE counselor is available to offer FREE and CONFIDENTIAL counseling on all Medicare and related health insurance programs. Learn more about how SHINE can help you: call your local senior center now!
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Medicare Interactive
- Medicare Watch
- 1-800-MEDICARE - What Customer Service Reps can and can not do
- Dear Marci Newsletters
2015 Medicare Figures
2014 Medicare Figures
- PDP Chart
- Prescription Advantage Rate Sheet
- Prescription Advantage Bulletin and Letter issued 11/22/13
- Annual Re-determination of Medicare Part D Low-Income Subsidy Deemed Status (Re-deeming) [CMS]
- 2014 Medicare Part D - preliminary
- Medicare Budget Side-by-Side Now Includes Obama Administration's Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Plan (Kaiser Foundation)
- Alzheimer's Information
- Blind & Low Vision
- Elder Legal Hotline Flyer
- Emergency Preparedness
- Financial Assistance Benefits Screening Tool
- Fire Safety
- Food Services - SNAP EBT Benefits
- Keep Moving Fitness Program
- Pension Assistance
- Senior Property Tax Relief
- Veteran's Affairs, Orgs & Benefits